The EatMyRide Widget Light is a less advanced version of the EatMyRide Widget. It is meant for smartwatches and certain cycling computers. Check out here whether it is compatible with your device and how you can install it and set it up.
Which devices are compatible?
- Edge 820
- Edge Explore (820)
Do you have a Garmin Edge that is not listed above, you can probably use the EatMyRide Widget.
How does it work?
This widget provides an additional screen on your Garmin device where you see the next nutrition product to consume, but also a progress bar for your drink bottles. In the menu you can view the complete nutrition and drinking plan and change the following setting:
- Turning alerts on or off. When turned on you will get a notification when it is time to consume your next food product .
Compared to the EatMyRide Widget it lacks the confirmations functionality, meaning that in the widget you cannot keep track of your actual food consumption during the ride.
How to use
- First of all, make sure you have the Garmin Connect IQ app installed on your smartphone.
- Then you can download the widget here. Garmin puts your download in a queue. Sync your Garmin device until the Connect IQ app states that the app is downloaded.
- Open the widget on your Garmin device by swiping down on the main screen. This will open the widgets and here you can scroll to the EatMyRide Widget.
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone and make sure it is connected to the device.
- In the EatMyRide Widget open the menu and click Login via phone app. Garmin Connect will prompt you to provide your EatMyRide credentials.
- Lastly, when you have created a nutrition plan in the EatMyRide app, click Send to my Garmin in the EatMyRide mobile app and click Download foodplan in the menu of the widget. You are now ready to go!