With the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Data Field you can get your nutrition and drink plan on your Garmin Edge and get reminders when to eat and drink. Check out here whether it is compatible with your device and how you can install it and set it up.
Which devices are compatible?
- Edge 830
- Edge 1030 (Plus)
- Edge 1030 Bontrager
- Edge 1040 (Solar)
Do you have a Garmin Edge 520 (Plus), 530 (Plus) or 820 or a Garmin Fenix, Forerunner, Quatix or Descent? Then check out the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Widget.
How does it work?
This data field provides an additional screen in the activity screens. When you have created a nutrition plan in the EatMyRide mobile app (iOS or Android). you can stick to your plan during your ride using the data field. It shows you the next nutrition product to consume, but also a progress bar for your drink bottles. In the menu you can see the complete nutrition and drinks plan. Also you can get alerts when you need to eat.
How to install and set up the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Data Field
- First of all, make sure you have the Garmin Connect IQ app installed on your smartphone.
- Then you can download the Data Field here. Garmin puts your download in a queue. Sync your Garmin device until the Connect IQ app states that the app is downloaded.
- To activate the data field on your Garmin device, first open the menu on the device. Select Activity Profile and Add/edit a data field. Add the EatMyRide Data Field by clicking Add new to add a new data fields screen, and clicking consecutively ConnectIQ and EatMyRide Planner (this data field has to be fullscreen).
- In the data field click on Sign in and follow the steps described in the data field.
- To use the nutrition plan on your Garmin, create a nutrition plan in the EatMyRide app and click Send to my Garmin. On the Garmin click on the menu (≡) and select Download foodplan.
- In the menu of the data field you can adjust the settings. For example, you can disable food and drink alerts.
- To activate the alerts on your Garmin device, first open the menu on the device. Select Activity Profile and Add/edit an alert. Add the EatMyRide Alert by clicking consecutively ConnectIQ and EatMyRide Planner.