With the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Widget you can get your nutrition and drink plan on your Garmin smartwatch or Garmin Edge and get reminders when to eat and drink. Check out here whether it is compatible with your device and how you can install it and set it up.
Which devices are compatible?
- Edge 520
- Edge 530 (Plus)
- Captain Marvel
- Darth Vader
- First Avenger
- Mercedex-Benz Venu
Do you have a Garmin Edge that is not listed above, you can probably use the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Data Field.
How does it work?
This widget provides an additional screen on your Garmin device. When you have created a nutrition plan in the EatMyRide mobile app (iOS or Android), you can stick to your plan during your ride using the widget. It shows you the next nutrition product to consume, but also a progress bar for your drink bottles. In the menu you can see the complete nutrition and drinking plan. Also you can get alerts when you need to eat.
How to install and set up the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Widget
- First of all, make sure you have the Garmin Connect IQ app installed on your smartphone.
- Then you can download the widget here. Garmin puts your download in a queue. Sync your Garmin device until the Connect IQ app states that the app is downloaded.
- Open the widget on your Garmin device. On your smartwatch this usually can be done by pressing the Down button untill the EatMyRide widget appears. On the Garmin Edge this can be done by opening the status bar and browsing to Widgets.
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone and make sure it is connected to the device via Bluetooth.
- In the EatMyRide Widget open the menu and click Login via phone app. Garmin Connect will prompt you to provide your EatMyRide credentials.
- Lastly, when you have created a nutrition plan in the EatMyRide app, click Send to my Garmin in the EatMyRide mobile app and click Download foodplan in the menu of the widget. You are now ready to go!