With the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Planner Widget you can get your nutrition and drink plan on your Garmin Edge 530 and 540 as well as several Garmin watches. It gives you reminders when to eat and drink. Check out here whether it is compatible with your device and how you can install it and set it up.
Which devices are compatible?
- Edge 530, 540 and Edge Explore 2
- Forerunner 245, 55, 645, 735XT and 935
- Fenix 5 (S/X), 6 (S)
- Instinct 2 (S/X)
- Venu (D/Sq)
- Vivoactive 3/4/4S
If you have a Garmin Edge that is not listed above, check if you can use the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Data Field. For other watches then the ones mentioned above the EatMyRide Simple Nutrition Planner Data Field is available.
How does it work?
This widget provides an additional screen on your Garmin device. When you have created a nutrition plan in the EatMyRide mobile app (iOS or Android), you can stick to your plan during your ride using the widget. It shows you the next nutrition product to consume, but also a progress bar for your drink bottles. In the menu you can see the complete nutrition and drinking plan. Also you can get alerts when you need to eat.
How to install and set up the EatMyRide Cycling Nutrition Planner Widget
- First of all, make sure you have the Garmin Connect IQ app installed on your smartphone.
- Then you can download the widget here. Garmin puts your download in a queue. Sync your Garmin device until the Connect IQ app states that the app is downloaded.
- Open the widget on your Garmin device. On your smartwatch this usually can be done by pressing the Down button until the EatMyRide widget appears. On the Garmin Edge this can be done by opening the status bar and browsing to Widgets.
- To get your nutrition plan on the device make sure you connect your Garmin device to your phone via Bluetooth. This can be done using the Garmin Connect app. Then, in the EatMyRide mobile app, open your nutrition plan and click Send to my Garmin. Follow the steps in the mobile app to sync your plan to your Garmin device. You are now ready to go!